Drunk James Faulkner damages hotel property
James Faulkner allegedly damaged hotel property under the influence of alcohol before he left Pakistan after accusing PCB of not “honouring the contractual agreement” on Saturday.
At the airport, he also behaved badly with security and immigration officers. The case was brought to higher authorities by security officials.
Versatile Australian James Faulkner has proven to be an apple of the eye for Pakistani Super League franchise Quetta Gladiators.
Following his conduct and the allegations he made, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) banned the player from PSL.
The PCB issued a statement on Saturday refuting James Faulknerthe non-payment allegations and announced the decision that he will not be drafted in future editions of the Pakistan Super League.
James Faulkner threw his bat and helmet on a chandelier after a discussion with a PCB official before leaving #PSL2022 early due to payment dispute and had to pay for damages upon departure from PC Lahore.
Well, James Faulkner brought drama to the highly anticipated PSL.
Earlier today, a tweet from the cricketer shocked everyone that he had pulled out of PSL 7.
Taking to Twitter, Faulkner said: “I apologize to Pakistani cricket fans. But unfortunately I had to withdraw from the last two games and leave @thePSLt20 because @TheRealPCB did not honor my contractual agreement / payments.
I apologize to Pakistan cricket fans.
But unfortunately I had to forfeit the last 2 games and leave the @thePSLt20 Due to @TheRealPCB failing to honor my contractual agreement/payments.
I was here the whole time and they kept lying to me.
—James Faulkner (@JamesFaulkner44) February 19, 2022
“It hurts to leave as I wanted to help bring international cricket back to Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing. But the treatment I received was a disgrace from the @TheRealPCBand @thePSLt20. I’m sure you all understand my position,” Faulkner, 31, added.
It hurts to leave as I wanted to help bring international cricket back to Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing.
But the treatment I received was a disgrace from the @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20
I’m sure you all understand my position.
—James Faulkner (@JamesFaulkner44) February 19, 2022
Now comes the real part of the story!
James Faulkner confirmed the bank account details in December 2021, 70% of the payment was transferred to this account by the PCB, then in January he shared another account and requested that money be transferred there, without repay the previous transfer, thus requiring a double payment.
PCB following the Australian cricketer’s allegations has issued a statement in line with the PSL Quetta Gladiators franchise.
“PCB and Quetta are disappointed and appalled by the misconduct of Mr. James Faulkner, who was also part of the Abu Dhabi leg of the HBL Pakistan Super League in 2021, and along with all participants has always been treated with the greatest respectsays the press release.
The PCB provided a brief summary regarding some of the undisputed facts:
- In December 2021, Faulkner’s agent confirmed the UK bank details to which his fee payments should be transferred. This has been noted for action.
- In January 2022, for reasons best known to Faulkner, his agent sent revised bank details for his onshore account in Australia. However, 70% of Faulkner’s fee payment was transferred to his UK offshore bank account. The receipt of this payment was acknowledged by him.
- As a result, his payments under his contract are fully up to date.
- The remaining 30% of his contractual payment does not become due until 40 days after the completion of the 2022 PSL, which is now to be reviewed according to his contract.
- Although the money was transferred and received in his account, Faulkner continued to insist that a second duplicate payment of the same amount be made to his account in Australia. This meant that Faulkner would have been paid twice.
- He further threatened and refused to take part in his team’s game against Multan Sultans on Friday afternoon until his demands for money were met.
- The PCB, as the responsible organization, engaged with Faulkner early Friday afternoon in an attempt to reason with him. Despite his objectionable and insulting behavior during the conversation, Faulkner was assured that all of his grievances would be addressed.
- He refused to reconsider his decision to take the field in a crucial match for his team, let his team down and demanded that his travel arrangements be made immediately.
- During this time, the PCB was also in constant contact with his agent, who regretted and apologized.
- Before leaving on Saturday morning, Faulkner caused willful damage to hotel property and therefore had to pay damages to the hotel management.
- The PCB then received reports and complaints from immigration authorities that Faulkner had acted inappropriately and abusively at the airport.
Further details have arrived regarding James Faulkner.
Dispatches said a drunk James Faulkner had stormed the hotel this morning while Ben Dunk and Samat Patel of Lahore Qalandars were also drunk with him.
According to media reports, screams continued to come out of James Faulkner’s bedroom in the morning, and at 4:30 a.m. they began breaking into the room as all the players walked out due to the screams and noise.
James Faulkner came out of the room, banged his helmet and hit the hotel chandelier, picked up his luggage and started throwing it down the hall. ۔
Sources report that James Faulkner was kicked out of the hotel due to this behavior, and upon leaving the hotel he also had to pay for the losses.
Later, when he arrived at Lahore airport for departure, he also misbehaved with security personnel, which was reported to higher authorities.